hostmap is a free, automatic, hostnames and virtual hosts discovery tool written in Ruby and licensed under GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3). It’s goal is to enumerate all hostnames and configured virtual hosts on an IP address. The primary users of hostmap are professionals performing vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
Some of the new features include:
- Fixed hostname dictionary “big” list name.
- Fixed DNS AXFR zone transfer check that was prone to false positives under some circumstances.
- Added automatic check for new updates. You can disable it in configuration file or using the option —without-update.
- Fixed DNS History plugin that can raise SystemExit under some strange circumstances.
- Changed the job scheduler. Now is more fast, robust and fine tuned.
- Added a dynamic thread pool, now you can use —threads to choose the number of concurrent threads.
- Some minor fixes.
See the complete list of changes at http://hostmap.lonerunners.net/doc/Changelog.txt.
You can download it in the following format:
- Source zip compressed, http://hostmap.lonerunners.net/downloads/hostmap-0.2.2.zip
- Github, https://github.com/jekil/hostmap
- hostmap user’s manual: http://hostmap.lonerunners.net/doc/README.pdf